(Part-time, hourly position, 10-15 hours/week)
General Requirements Grand Lake Staff:
- Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a call to serve Him in the area of their position, and be able to clearly articulate both.
- Personally aligns with and will support the key DNA of Grand Lake Church including mission, vision, strategy, core values and beliefs (see attached).
- Commitment to a lifestyle of personal spiritual growth.
- Approaches this position as a ministry, not just a job.
- Operates with a ministry philosophy where staff not only fulfill specific ministry functions, but also develop, equip and mobilize others.
- Participates fully in the essential life of the church through regular worship attendance, committed prayer, spiritual formation, servant ministry, generous giving and outreach.
To empower the mission and vision of Grand Lake Church by caring for the weekly financial and database needs of the church office.
- Cares for all weekly needs in the area of finance in coordination with the Office Manager and Treasurer. This includes but may not be limited to: maintaining all contribution records, organizing all bills/accounts to be paid, caring for any pledge campaigns, and preparing giving statements mailed to church members.
- Maintains the church membership database by updating records as needed, adding/deleting records, etc.
- Handle the printing, preparing, folding and mailing of any church mailings.
- Helps in the weekly folding and preparation of the bulletin.
- Orders necessary office supplies.
- Assists the Office Manager in other tasks as needed.
Specific Skills and Abilities Required:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Comfortable in the area of finance and working with numbers
- Good computer skills and ability to learn new technology as needed
- Very dependable and good work ethic
- Understands and practices confidentiality with people’s giving records
- Works well with others in a team-based environment
- Flexibility and ability to quickly adapt to changing ministry circumstances
- Extremely reliable, able to meet deadlines, and able to adapt schedule as needed during daytime hours
Send a Letter of Interest to the Church office by September 20, 2023.